Are you mobile friendly? Are you ready for a drop in traffic April 21st if you are NOT mobile friendly?
How can you tell if you are mobile friendly? Read more about your mobile situation and recommendations from Google here.
Do you need help analyzing your mobile rendering? Do you need help setting up Google Analytics and goals? Contact me and I will analyze your current mobile presence and will outline any issues that need addressing with your developer.
Here are some great articles about why local businesses need internet marketing. So frequently I stumble upon an exceptional business that have a horrible online presence and an even worse website. Your digital footprint for your business is crucial to your long term success.
Here are some great articles that have stellar information about the pros of integrating an internet marketing strategy.
Have you integrated your Pinterest feed into your website?
What does your Google+ Local post look like? Do you know that photos are showing up more frequently next to local listings? If you are not currently doing this you need to be! Someone will likely be out ranking you soon. Your goals should be to be the leader in your industry, not the follower.
How do you do it?
1. Set up a Google+ personal page
2. Set up a Google+ Business page
3. Add code to your site with authorship (personal Google+ page) and publisher (business Google+) links in the head.
<link rel="author" href="https://plus.google.com/u/3/1068351putyourlinkhere575/posts"/>
<link href="https://plus.google.com/u/2/b/100662321682248660698/+putyourcodein/posts" rel="publisher" />
4. Make sure you add to your personal Google+ page that you are a contributor to your Google+ business page by adding your business link.
5. Add that you are a contributor to your business website in your personal Google+ page.
6. Make sure you have a good picture in your Google+ personal page for this to work properly. Google+
7. Make sure your Google+ pages are searchable by the search engines in your settings.
8. Test in the Google structured data testing tool when completed to make sure you did it correctly.
The result is that your Google+ personal picture will show up with your business website listing as shown below. This will lead to higher click throughs and conversions.
Contact me if you need help setting up your publisher and authorship.
By Katie French-White
Your online posts via your business Facebook page now only reach a small percentage of your fans unless you fork over some money to reach everyone interested in your brand. Businesses have worked hard over the years to gain fans and now they have to pay to reach them.
There is an outcry about the paid posts and how successful they are. Many test seem to show that spam is rampant. As with all things I strongly recommend you test a paid post ($5-$7ish dollars) to see what kind of results you get.
DMOZ.org is an important directory that Google pulls from. It is important to make sure you have a listing in this source.
In over eight years I have tracked online revenue for 100s of clients and have found time and time again that Google produces year after year. Not only that, the revenue difference from Google to the next top referrer is siginificant.
It is essential to have an aggressive strategy to increase your online exposure to targeted markets in order to be as successful as possible online.